Warrior Operational Medicine Clinic (WOMC)
As one of Joint Base Andrews Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) clinics, the WOMC is comprised of two clinical teams: Owls and the Eagles, directly supporting active duty non-flyers.
Each clinic team has three board certified provider PCMH teams assigned with a mix of:
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Medical Technicians both Active Duty and Civilian
We aim to improve the health of our Active Duty population by providing safe, timely, and evidence-based healthcare. Our primary care services focus on prevention and screening, as well as, treating illness.
Our Warrior Operational Medicine clinic directs assessment, management and coordination of acute and preventative medical care, promotes telehealth services, initiates specialty referrals/emergency transfer, performs minor surgical procedures, and provides initial diagnosis, imaging, labs, and medication administration/refill.
- Gynecologic Care (well women’s exam and IUD/ Nexplanon placement)
- Behavioral Health Consultant
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Patient Education
- Disease Management
We also provide case management for special populations at highest risk of adverse outcomes and utilization.
Same Day Walk-In Acute Appointments
Same Day Walk-In Acute Appointments are available Monday-Friday from 7-7:30 a.m. for Active Duty JBA enrolled patients. Only 6 appiontments will be available on a first come first serve basis.
Mandatory Criteria: Any acute symptom that you have had less than 3 days. (Examples: Acute muscle injury/pain, vomiting/diarrhea, cold/flu like symptoms, etc.)
Please note: Same Day Walk-in Acute Appointments are not intended for profiles unless related to the acute condition as determined by the provider. These appointment slots are also not intended for med-refills, paperwork, referrals, lab requests, chronic or recurring issues.
Medic Walk-In Clinic
Check-in hours for walk-in services:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
8 – 11 a.m., 1 – 3 p.m.
8 – 11 a.m.
Unless clinically indicated, you'll be seen by a medical technician for the following walk-in services:
- Pregnancy test
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infection
- Subsequent wart removal
- Subsequent B12/Depo/Testosterone injection
- High risk BCA counseling (Body Composition Assessment)
- COVID-19 testing
- Vaginal discharge
- 3-day blood pressure check
- STD Testing
Requests for items that may not require an appointment (e.g., medication renewals, referral renewals, administrative paperwork, etc.) can be done in the form of a message to the PCM team. To message the team, personnel must activate their MHS GENESIS patient portal account at https://my.mhsgenesis.health.mil/
. Once logged in, choose “send a message” from the main page. In the “To” section, search for “Andrews Active Duty Medicine.” You may also call the clinic and leave a message with one of our administrative staff.
Please note: Our facility has transitioned to MHS GENESIS. The TRICARE Online Patient Portal is no longer used here.
- Once a message request is placed, the provider has three business days to respond. Administrative documents may take up to 10 business days to complete. A nurse or technician will contact the patient with the provider’s response.
Active duty members must have clinic coordination and Unit Commander approval prior to scheduling or receiving surgery. Elective surgery is defined as non-emergent surgery at the member’s expense performed by a civilian or military physician and is not covered by health insurance.
To begin coordination contact the Beneficiary Counseling and Assistance Coordinator
Annual Periodic Health Assessment
Annual periodic health assessments (PHA) are completed by different clinics for each service.
- Air Force: PHA requirements will be completed by BOMC
- Army: Periodic Health Assessment Questionnaire (PHAQ) MUST be completed through MEDPROS prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Navy: Periodic Health Assessment Questionnaire (PHAQ) MUST be completed through Navy PHA Portal prior to scheduling an appointment.
- US Public Health Services: MUST complete DD Form 2807-1 and DD Form 2808 prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Medical Clearance/SHPE/Medical Evaluation Board
- COVID-19 Vaccine, Exemptions, and/or Waivers
- COVID-19 Testing
- COVID-19 testing is available Monday through Friday for symptomatic and asymptomatic/surveillance tests. Report to the COVID clinic on the first floor of the garage. Test results are available within 2-3 business days and posted on the TRICARE Online Patient Portal.
- Medical Clearance
- To initiate a medical clearance for retraining, PCS clearance for active duty personnel, special duties, profiles, such as 469 or 422, security clearances and PME 422s. MSME is also responsible for the coordination of the Separations History Physical Exam program, as well as the Airman Medical Readiness Optimization Board (AMRO Board, formerly called the DAWG), and the Medical Evaluation Board process.