As one of Joint Base Andrews Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) clinics, the Family Health Clinic is comprised of two clinical teams: Ravens and the Raptors. Each clinic team has four board certified provider PCMH teams assigned with a mix of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and medical technicians both active duty and civilian. We aim to improve the health of our retirees, their families, and the family members of our Active Duty population by providing safe, timely, and evidence-based healthcare. Our primary care services focus on prevention and screening, as well as, treating illness.
- Primary care for 18 years and older (non-active duty beneficiaries)
- Directs assessment, management & coordination of acute and preventative medical care, promotes telehealth services, initiates specialty referrals/emergency transfer, performs minor surgical procedures, and provides initial diagnosis, imaging, labs, medication administration/refill
- GYN care (well women’s exam and IUD/ Nexplanon placement)
- Additional services include Behavioral Health Consultant, Clinical Pharmacist, patient education, disease management, and case management for special populations at highest risk of adverse outcomes and utilization.
Walk in Services
- Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and starts again at 1:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- We see you for the following issues for walk-in services.
- Adult Upper Respiratory Infection
- Adult Sore Throat
- Blood Pressure
- Women Dysuria**
- Pregnancy Test**
- Provider Prescribed Injections (Depo-Provera, B-12, Testosterone)
- STI Check**
- Suture Removal
- Wart Removal Re-treat/ Repeat Visit
- All none acute conditions will be given an appointment with their PCM.
- Adult Upper Respiratory Infection symptoms cannot be present for more than 10 days
- **Can be completed over the phone
Telephone Consult (TCON)
Telephone consults are requests that can be completed without an appointment. These are not be confused with virtual appointments. Providers review TCON and determine the best action needed to grant the request. Once a TCON is place, the provider has 3 business days to respond. A nurse or technician will contact the patient with the provider’s response.