The Mental Health Clinic provides counseling and treatment to address mental health concerns. Services are only available for active duty members. Please call the Mental Health Clinic to make an appointment. Our clinics include Mental Health and Clinical Health Psychology (CHP).
How to Make an Appointment
For screening purposes, the appointment line cannot be used to schedule an appointment with Mental Health. The member must contact the Mental Health Clinic to schedule an appointment.
Patients are encouraged to utilize emergent care services after duty hours in the event of a crisis.
Walk-in services are available to active duty personnel between 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
A referral from your Primary Care Manager can be placed to make an appointment. If a referral has been placed, you may contact the Mental Health Clinic at 240-857-7186 to schedule an appointment. Patients without a referral may also contact the Mental Health Clinic directly to schedule an appointment.
Our clinic only sees military personnel on active orders at this time. Dependents, retirees, and civilians are not able to be seen in Mental Health on JBA. A referral placed by a Primary Care Manager or Tricare can assist these individuals with receiving care at another location.
- Disaster Mental Health Services
- Fitness for duty evaluations
- Full range of psychological testing on site or by consultation
- Group psychoeducation
- Group psychotherapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Medication management
- Other military specific evaluations
- Outpatient Treatment
- Referrals to Inpatient or Residential Treatment Programs
- Referrals to Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Solution-focused brief intervention
- Temporary disability retirement list and medical board evaluations
- Treatment planning
- Triaging for services