Pharmacy services are some of the most popular benefits for our patients. Prescription medications may be obtained at our pharmacies at no cost. Beneficiaries may also receive medications using TRICARE Home Delivery or a TRICARE Network Pharmacy
To ensure accurate dispensing of medication, technology guides the pharmacy staff at each step in the prescription filling process, minimizing the potential for human error while also reducing wait times.
Our pharmacies process approximately 26,000 prescriptions each month. Due to the high volume of pharmacy visitors, we recommend beneficiaries become familiar with our procedures and routines.
Simple measures such as using the automated call-in refill service, taking the appropriate ticket(s) at the pharmacy, and having the patient's identification card readily available will minimize delays and keep operations moving as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Allow a 3 duty day turn-around between refill request and pick-up at the BX Pharmacy.
The pharmacy has multiple options available to you depending on your preferred method.
Please note – prescriptions are NOT automatically filled after a provider places an order. It is the patient’s responsibility to activate medications for pharmacy to fill.
- Phone: Available 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at 888-999-1212, Option 1-2-3-2-2
- Online: TRICARE Online Patient Portal
- In-Person: Available 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Visit the pharmacy check-in desk near the main entrance. Fill out one activation slip per patient.
- Note: this is mandatory for hard-copy (paper) prescriptions, which will be turned into the pharmacy to process.
- Text: See below for Q-Anywhere instructions.
Currently available at the Main Pharmacy only. Just use your cell phone to text the words “Get in line” to 855-797-8355; enter the patient’s DoD ID# to activate all your new prescriptions. The pharmacy will process all your NEW prescriptions (NO REFILLS) and send you a text when they are ready for pickup.
If you don’t have the DoD ID# for the patient, you may visit MilConnect, log-in, and select “My Profile”-- Update and View My Profile and then locate the patient’s DoD ID#.
Electronic Prescriptions from Outside Providers (eRx)
Note: Military pharmacies cannot receive electronic prescriptions for controlled substances.
- Electronic Prescribing Pharmacy Name: DoD ANDREWS ePhcy
- Pharmacy NCPDP/NPI: 2138368/1518379395
- Address: 1060 W. Perimeter Rd, JB Andrews, MD