Malcolm Grow Medical Clinics and Surgery Center Orthopedics clinic provides a full range of comprehensive orthopedic services for all eligible Department of Defense beneficiaries.
Inpatient and Outpatient Services
Although the majority of orthopedic services are outpatient procedures, inpatient surgical care is available with our National Capital Region partners, Fort Belvoir community Hospital and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
A referral from your primary care manager is required prior to obtaining an appointment at the clinic. Once referral is placed, you may contact the appointment line at 888-999-1212 or 855-227-6331 to schedule an appointment.
A full range of comprehensive orthopedic services for all eligible beneficiaries in the following areas:
- Knees – ligament injuries (anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament, medial collateral ligament and lateral collateral ligament), meniscal tears, cartilage injuries, patellar tendonitis and patellar dislocation
- Hips – femoroacetabular impingement, labral tears and hamstring injuries
- Shoulders – arthritis, rotator cuff tears, instability, labral tears, biceps tendonitis and biceps tendon rupture
- Cortisone injections and gel injections for arthritis in major joints such as shoulders and knees
- In-clinic Plasma Rich Platelets injections
- Fracture management for common upper and/or lower extremity injuries
Before Your Procedure
- Loose-fitting clothing is recommended
- 15 minutes early arrival is recommended
- Must have your Military ID card
- Be prepared to fill out 3rd party insurance verification form
- Don’t forget to ask your PCM beforehand about getting the appropriate X-rays needed for your appointment
- Ensure your escort has a military ID or contact Joint Base Andrews Visitors Center prior to your appointment
- Visitor documentation requirements change depending on the current FPCON level