COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
COVID-19 vaccines currently available to all U.S. citizens and residents are Johnson & Johnson/Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech-COMIRNATY®, and Moderna. These vaccines are safe and effective against COVID-19 and its variants.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has licensed the Pfizer COMIRNATY® vaccine for individuals age 16 and older.
- The Pfizer vaccine is offered through an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for children ages ages 12-15.
- The Johnson & Johnson and Moderna vaccines are offered through an FDA EUA for individuals age 18 and older.
DOD COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
The DOD now requires COVID-19 vaccines for all members of the Armed Forces under DOD authority on active duty or in the Ready Reserve, including the National Guard, who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Each service will decide their own deadline for vaccination.
- If you’re a service member and you’ve received a COVID-19 vaccine from a non-DOD provider, make sure to update your medical records.
- If you haven’t received your COVID vaccine yet, schedule your vaccine as soon as you can.
- Find a DOD COVID Vaccine Location near you
The DOD already requires all ADSMs to get other types of vaccines before they join the military. There are very narrow religious and medical exemptions available on a case-by-case basis. If you have questions, contact your unit commander.
Recommended Third Dose
If you have an immune system that is moderately to severely compromised, the CDC recommends you may receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna). This would be at least 4 weeks after your second dose. >>Learn More
Get the COVID-19 vaccine to protect yourself, your family, your community, and our nation.
To learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit www.tricare.mil/COVIDVaccine.
316th Medical Group is offering vaccinations to ALL eligible beneficiaries 12 years of age and older.
- Active Duty Service Member are required to be fully vaccinated by 2 November 2021
- Scheduled appointments are preferred and walk-ins are accepted.
- Updates are also posted on the MDG Facebook Page at AFMS-Andrews-316th Medical Group
- Exemptions/Waivers/Questions: COVID Vaccine Team
Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine
Appointments at Joint Base Andrews may be scheduled through the Online Portal .
Joint Base Andrews walk in hours are
- Monday–Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Appointments at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling may be scheduled through the Online Portal
Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling walk in hours are
- Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Pfizer vaccine is offered at Malcolm Grow Medical Clinic
- Proof of vaccine may be obtained through ASIMS or TRICARE Online Patient Portal
- Replacement COVID-19 vaccine cards are available at the COVID-19 vaccine site