COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
COVID-19 vaccine candidates are being offered through an Emergency Use Authorization by the Food and Drug Administration
. The vaccine is being administered in phases to DoD uniformed service members, both the active and Selected Reserve components, including members of the National Guard; dependents; retirees; civilian employees, and selected DoD contract personnel as authorized in accordance with DoD regulation.
The vaccine is being offered on a voluntary basis, but priority populations are highly encouraged to get it. Getting the COVID-19 vaccine protects yourself, your family, your community and our nation.
- We are currently scheduling appointments for Phase 1A and 1B individuals which includes beneficiaries age 75 years and older and frontline essential workers.
- COVID-19 vaccination appointments for March 11th and 12th are available for booking today.
- Beneficiaries should check the COVAX Portal regularly for appointment availability.
- Updates are also posted on the MDG Facebook Page at: www.facebook.com/MalcolmGrow
To Make a COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment
The COVID-19 vaccine will be given by appointment only.
Joint Base Andrews
If you’re currently eligible, you can schedule an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at Joint Base Andrews at: https://covidvaccine.sparkxcell.com/index.php/joint-base-andrews-vaccinations/
Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling
If you’re currently eligible, you can schedule an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling at: https://covidvaccine.sparkxcell.com/index.php/joint-base-anacostia-bolling/
Once on the scheduling site, validate your eligibility and schedule your vaccine appointment. Eligibility will be confirmed at each of our vaccine sites.
Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine
Malcolm Grow Medical Clinic is currently in Phases 1A and 1B of the DoD COVID-19 Distribution Plan.
Phase 1A includes:
- Emergency Room/Urgent Care Center personnel, and First Responders
- MTF healthcare providers and staff
- Pre-designated service members supporting the national COVID-19 response
Phase 1B includes:
- Beneficiaries age 75 and older by appointment only. Please see instructions above on how to book an appointment through the NCR COVAX portal.
- Child and Youth Services Staff
- Commissary Staff
- Base Exchange Staff
- Critical National Capabilities
- Personnel scheduled to deploy within the next 90 days
- Frontline essential workers